VinFast is Vietnam’s leading manufacturer of premium automobiles and has achieved its initial goal of being #1 in all competing segments of domestic car retail in less than 2 years. Now, in 2021 we embark on our next mission - global expansion with the launch of our all-Electric smart SUV model line-up starting in Canada, USA and Europe. VinFast is one of the largest auto manufacturers in South East Asia with world-class equipment and infrastructure, with a capacity of up to 500,000 cars per year. We have partnered with global leading automotive suppliers in manufacturing and engineering and enlisted the world-renowned Italian design house Pininfarina to design both the exterior and interiors of our entire model line. VinFast is proud to produce vehicles with superior craftsmanship, the highest safety standards, and intelligent infotainment that compete with leading Asian, European and American OEMs. VinFast also supports its owners with an exceptional, seamless customer experience in both sales and aftersales.
VinFast Europe, an OEM distribution company with a Direct-to-Consumer business model, has an ambitious growth strategy planning rapid retail and aftersales facility expansion in Europe over the next 12 months. Our management team is now looking for talented individuals from the automotive, retail consumer products, and technology industries to assist in this endeavor. Our top applicants will possess an entrepreneurial mindset, be a creative problem solver, have an incredible work ethic and thrive in a start-up environment.
As the Field Technical Support Engineer (FTSE), you will provide second-level technical support on escalated cases for new and sold VinFast vehicles, parts and accessories to our Service Centers through various channels such as on-site visits, emails and/or weekly calls with our call center agents. The FTSE will provide technical advice and adequate coaching to the trainers who will train technical support team members responsible for handling first level cases at Service Centre locations and call center agents as required. You will also be responsible for improving product quality, enhancing customer satisfaction, brand loyalty, and customer retention by ensuring that our vehicles are fixed right the first time.
As the FTSE, you will monitor root cause analysis on product issues in the field and will closely collaborate with the R&D center in Vietnam and the application engineering team in Australia to secure permanent corrective action (PCA) implementation at the supplier or vehicle assembly plant in Vietnam. You will also be involved with recall campaigns and warranty issues and will assist the legal team in case of litigations.
Your responsibilities and tasks:
- Covers all product quality work related to their assigned modules, including warranty data analysis, countermeasure investigation & validation and implementation in the field through the R&D center in Vietnam and the application engineering group in Australia.
- Coordinates preparation of technical service bulletins (TSBs) and training materials including draft reviews, labor time studies, parts needed, applicable VIN/model & trim list and final publication.
- Ongoing analysis of data sources to confirm countermeasure/field fix effectiveness.
- Coordinates and executes go and see activities (when needed) at ports of entry, Service Centre locations and regional headquarters.
- Executes product audits at the plant and ports of entry (when needed).
- Solid reporting skills and ability to stay on top of open issues to closure.
- Understanding and ability to conduct IQS reviews associated with their specific modules, including verbatim review, trend assessments, and translate them into suggestions for vehicle improvement.
- Conducts and collaborates with training personnel in creation and maintenance of education materials (for example: owner’s manuals, in-vehicle brochures, and feature and function guides).
- Continuously evaluates product quality related to the given modules will require driving of the test fleet vehicles outside of normal business hours. This requires possession of a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Continuously benchmarks the competition (OEM & tech companies), creates and communicates clear action plans within the Canadian organization and technical teams in Australia and Vietnam.
- Participates in E2E JIT and Quality Testing/Validation Events to ensure timely resolution of issues assigned to their modules.
- Serves as a backup (tier 2) support on escalated customer issues and addresses them quickly before they become big.
- Conducts and participates in Early Warning Meetings during the product launch phase.
- Conducts and participates in NPI events and product improvement programs.
- Maintains and publishes weekly report with predetermined KPIs.
- If necessary, runs or participates in weekly meetings with other stakeholders to report out on assigned open issues.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- 5+ years automotive industry experience in quality assurance or engineering environment preferred.
- Senior Service Engineer: minimum of 10 years automotive industry experience in quality assurance or engineering environment.
- Strong technical writing capabilities and oral communication skills.
- Ability to use common engineering measurement tools (ie. micrometers, dial indicators, digital volt ohm meters and oscilloscopes).
- Ability to use common service garage equipment (ie. Vehicle lift, alignment equipment, A/C charging station, wheel mount/balance equipment, etc.)
- Working knowledge of PC and software (minimum: MS office intermediate level, in particular Power point and Excel).
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with internal and external partners.
- Tech savvy and willing to apply latest technology, apps and connected car features.
- Solid team player and good communicator with desire to exceed given KPIs.
- Strong believer in EVs with desire to exceed customer service expectations.
- High attention to detail with experience in a start-up or fast paced environment is a plus.
- Ability to travel for business 25% to 50% of the time.
- Bilingual Dutch and English is required.
- A modern, professional environment where you’ll work with and learn from highly specialized and dedicated experts from all over the world.
- Competitive and equitable salaries that recognize your experience and expertise.
- Generous group insurance benefit package to employees and their eligible dependents.
- Wellness Spending Account to promote an active lifestyle and a healthier workforce.
- A flexible working culture enabling our employees to adjust their work hours and schedules, whenever possible, that accommodates and respects your personal commitments, balanced with business needs.
- An RRSP contribution program to support our employees in planning and managing their financial well-being into the future.
Join us on our adventure to reach new horizons with endless excitement: Because when everything feels possible, changing mobility for all becomes achievable!